Apply for Capital Funding
To be considered for funding by members of B Revolution Capital, please create a profile on our deal management platform, Gust.
Gust requires you to create a Free Account and then walks you through the short application process. B Revolution Capital is an association of angel investors who are focused on early-stage B Corporations which harness the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.
If you are not yet a B Corporation, you may contact Board Chair Dirk Sampselle to learn more about certification benefits and the steps necessary to become certified. You may also read more about B Corporation certification here.
Our minimum requirements for capitalization are the following:
- A strong, well-researched, data-driven business plan
- Capturing a market opportunity with high growth potential
- With an integrated impact strategy posing significant social and environmental benefits
- And a focus on socially and environmentally responsible internal practices and procedures
- A developed management team with relevant experience
- **If you are not already a B Corporation, you must sign an agreement stating you will become a B Corporation as soon as possible if you receive funding**
Who are B Revolution Capital’s Investors?
B Revolution Capital members are accredited investors, consisting primarily of high net worth individuals and institutional investors. Our typical member has decades of investment experience and expertise in growing businesses and preparing them for a successful exit. Our members have diverse industry expertise, from software and technology to mobile gaming and entertainment. While our members are motivated to achieve attractive financial returns, they are also dedicated to building the B Corporation movement by helping environmentally and socially-conscious companies succeed.
How can I apply for funding?
To be considered for funding by members of B Revolution Capital, please follow the following steps:
- Complete an application through GUST here
- Our team will review your application
- If your application meets our minimum requirements, an angel-led selection committee will conduct preliminary due diligence on your venture, which may include an in-person practice pitch or meeting
- If you pass the screening by the selection committee, you will be asked to present at an investor dinner or upcoming B Revolution Capital event
2013 Investor Dinner Schedule
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis through gust and screening the applications according to the following schedule of investor dinners. As shown below, applications generally need to be in 2 weeks prior to the dinner to receive consideration for the upcoming investor dinner.
- January 17, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- February 28, 2013- Application deadline
- April 30, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- April 25, 2013 – Application Deadline
- May 16, 2013 Investor Dinner
- June 28, 2013 – Application Deadline
- July 11, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- August 30, 2013 – Application Deadline
- September 12, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- October 31, 2013 – Application Deadline
- November 14, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- December 27, 2013 – Application Deadline
- January 16, 2014 – Investor Dinner
Upcoming B Revolution Capital Events (see Events page for more details):
- B Revolution B Corporation Pitch Competition hosted in collaboration with Pepperdine University on February 15th