What type of venture does B Revolution Capital fund?
B Revolution Capital is an association of angel investors who are interested in funding early-stage B Corporations. B Corporations harness the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. If you are not yet a B Corporation, you may contact President Jacquelyn Hunter to learn more about certification benefits and the steps necessary to become certified. You may also read more about B Corporation certification here.
Our minimum requirements for screening are the following:
- A strong, well-researched, data-driven business plan capturing a market opportunity with high growth potential
- 6 months of Trailing Revenue and/or an established, functioning Beta, Prototype, or other Minimum Viable Product
- With an integrated impact strategy creating measurable social and environmental benefits
- And a focus on socially and environmentally responsible internal practices and procedures
- A developed management team with relevant experience
- **If you are not already a B Corporation or benefit corporation, you must sign a term sheet stating you will become a B Corporation as soon as possible if you receive funding**
Who are B Revolution Capital’s Investors?
B Revolution Capital members are accredited investors, consisting primarily of high net worth individuals and institutional investors. Our typical member has decades of investment experience and expertise in growing businesses and preparing them for a successful exit. Our members have diverse industry expertise, from software and technology to mobile gaming and entertainment. While our members are motivated to achieve attractive financial returns, they are also dedicated to helping grow the B Corporation movement by helping environmentally and socially-conscious companies succeed.
How can I apply for funding?
To be considered for funding by members of B Revolution Capital, please follow the following steps:
- Complete a profile on GUST here
- Complete B Revolution Capital’s application on Gust. Email President Jacquelyn Hunter if you have any questions.
- Our team will review your application for compliance with the criteria specified above.
- If your application meets our minimum requirements, an angel-led selection committee will conduct preliminary due diligence on your venture.
- If selected by the selection committee, you will be asked to present at an investor dinner. See below for the schedule of upcoming Investor Dinners and the corresponding application deadlines to be considered for pitching at such dinners.
- January 17, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- February 28, 2013- Application deadline
- April 30, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- April 25, 2013 – Application Deadline
- May 16, 2013 Investor Dinner
- June 28, 2013 – Application Deadline
- July 11, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- August 30, 2013 – Application Deadline
- September 12, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- October 31, 2013 – Application Deadline
- November 14, 2013 – Investor Dinner
- December 27, 2013 – Application Deadline
- January 16, 2014 – Investor Dinner
Upcoming B Revolution Capital Events (see Events page for more details):
- B Revolution B Corporation Pitch Competition hosted in collaboration with Pepperdine University on February 15th