Become a B Revolution Capital Investor
We invite accredited investors who are interested in becoming members of B Revolution Capital to complete a membership application via our online deal management platform, Gust.
Gust requires you to create a Free Account and then walks you through the short application process to allow us to ensure you meet SEC accredited investor requirements. There is a $1,000 annual membership fee for B Revolution Capital and we will send you an invoice for the membership fee once your application is approved.
If you would like more information before joining, please email Jacquelyn Hunter at email@example.com.
Who are B Revolution Capital’s Investor-Members?
B Revolution Capital members are accredited investors, consisting primarily of high net worth individuals and institutional investors. Our typical member has decades of investment experience and expertise in growing businesses and preparing them for a successful exit. Our members have diverse industry expertise, from software and technology to mobile gaming, film, and entertainment. While our members are motivated to achieve attractive financial returns, they are also dedicated to helping grow the B Corporation movement by helping environmentally and socially-conscious companies succeed.
What does B Revolution Capital Fund?
B Revolution Capital funds early-stage B Corporations or companies that agree to become B Corporation certified as soon as feasible (achieving the certification requires ~6 months of historical revenue). B Corporations harness the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. You may read more about B Corporation certification here.
Our minimum requirements for capitalization are the following:
- A strong, well-researched, data-driven business plan
- Capturing a market opportunity with high growth potential
- With an integrated impact strategy posing significant social and environmental benefits
- And a focus on socially and environmentally responsible internal practices and procedures
- A developed management team with relevant experience
- **If the venture is not already a B Corporation, it must sign an agreement stating it will become a B Corporation as soon as possible if it receives funding**
Our funding process is comprised by the following steps:
- Entrepreneurs complete an application through our GUST profile
- Our team will conduct an initial review of the application
- If the application meets our minimum requirements, an angel-led selection committee will conduct preliminary due diligence on the venture
- If selected by the selection committee, the venture will be asked to present at our monthly investor dinner
Benefits of B Revolution Capital Investor Membership
- Join the FIRST and ONLY angel investment group focused exclusively on B Corporations – we invite you to participate not only by becoming a member, but also by becoming a selection committee leader or member, or due diligence team leader or member, or a sponsor for one of our events.
- Attend our monthly investor dinner – enjoy dinner with like-minded colleagues, hear pitches from pre-screened B Corporation ventures, and potentially find your next great investment opportunity
- Become an expert in B Corporation investments – attend our educational events to learn from national experts about B Corporation certification, impact investing, the benefit corporation legal entity, impact assessments, term negotiation, due diligence, and relevant securities laws.
- Reduce your risk by working with other angel investors with diverse industry experience – collaborate on screening, due diligence, and term negotiation. As a group, angels can choose to join together to make stronger investments, or work together to negotiate separate terms. Either way, as a member of B Revolution Capital, you can work with other experienced accredited investors to improve investment results and enhance your angel investing skills.
- Diversify your portfolio by engaging the impact investing asset class and supporting companies that are creating impact and access our database of pre-screened ventures that are pursuing high-growth, high-impact strategies.
- Meet face-to-face with the top screened companies at special presentation dinners (dinner fees included in membership) and network with like-minded investors
- Bi-monthly newsletters that give updates on B Corps, benefit corporation legislation, impact investing, angel investing, portfolio companies, and social enterprise industry-specific information.
- Attend and participate in B Revolution Capital events – pitch and business plan competitions, angel impact investing conferences, networking events, etc.
- B Revolution Capital is a member of the Angel Capital Association. All B Revolution Capital members will have access to the ACA’s angel investing resource database and discounts with ACA partners. The Angel Capital Association is the trade association of angel investment groups in North America. More than 165 angel groups are members of ACA, and those groups represent about 7,000 accredited angel investors. More information is available at www.angelcapitalassociation.org